發新話題
打印

Bence Majoros continues to upset odds, Joe Seyfried next to fall

17 Jan 2018

Fine form on the opening day of action; on the second day of play, Wednesday 17th January, in the Under 21 Men’s Singles event at the Seamaster 2017 ITTF World Tour Hungarian Open in Budapest, for the host nation’s Bence Majoros that form continued.

Once again he defied the odds; at the semi-final stage of proceedings, the no.14 seed, in a thrilling full distance five games encounter he beat Frenchman Joe Seyfried, the no.3 seed, by the very narrowest of margins (11-7, 4-11, 11-8, 5-11, 11-9).

Joe Seyfried beaten by Nence Majoros (Photo: Richard Kalocsai)
by Ian Marshall, ITTF Publications Manager

The win means that he becomes the first Hungarian to reach an ITTF World Tour Under 21 Men’s Singles final since Nandor Ecseki achieved the feat in De Haan in 2015 when losing to Japan’s Kohei Sambei.

“I am really happy to be able to reach the final at home in Budapest. It was a massive match mentally, very tiring, most rallies were decided on the first couple of strokes or who could do the unexpected or surprise the other with something new. Let’s focus on the final: Ria Ria Hungaria.” Bence Majoros

“It was a big match where both of us had to be on the top our game. I could have made better decisions on some of the points but Bence played well, congratulations.” Joe Seyfried
A first ever such final for Bence Majoros, it is a second for his opponent in the gold medal contest.

In the corresponding semi-final, Chinese Taipei’s Lin Yun-Ju, who was beaten in the title deciding engagement last year in Olomouc by Can Akkuzu, like Joe Seyfried from France, continued his impressive form. The no.11 seed, he overcame Sweden’s Truls Moregard, the no.19 seed (13-11, 11-6, 11-9).

“I prepared well for this match and watched a lot of videos of him. I analysed his play. After a hard fought first game I settled down and controlled the match. I’m looking forward for the final later on.” Lin Yun-Ju

“He is a very good all round player, the key moment was the first game; if I had won that game I could have put more pressure on him unfortunately it did not happen this time.” Truls Moregard
Success for Hungary in the Under 21 Men’s Singles competition; not in the counterpart Under 21 Women’s Singles event, the brave run of Orsolya Feher came to a close. The no.25 seed, she was beaten by Hong Kong’s Mak Tze Wing, the no.2 seed, in three straight games (11-5, 11-2, 11-7).

“I had to be well prepared for the match as she had plenty of good wins en route to the semi-final. We put a lot into preparing for the match and it paid off; this will be my first time in the final so I’ll give my best shot.” Mak Tze Wing

“It has been the best competition of my life; I never played so well; today’s match was very hard, especially I found serve and receive difficult. I’ve learned a lot for the future; I’ll come back stronger. I would like to say massive thank you to Peter Musko, the coaching team and the home fans who were behind me all the time.” Orsolya Feher
A first final for Mak Tze Wing, alas for colleague Minnie Soo Wai Yam it will not be a third title deciding Under 21 Women’s Singles contest.

The runner up last year in Doha and New Delhi when suffering respective defeats at the hands of compatriot Doo Hoi Kem and Japan’s Sakura Mori, the top seed in Budapest, Minnie Soo Wai Yam was beaten by China’s Chen Ke, the no.12 seed (11-8, 14-16, 11-9, 11-4).

“I felt the match was under control, I was able to put her under pressure; the tactics were good. I’m ready for the final and will prepare for like any other match.” Chen Ke

“I struggled with her quality. Every stroke, every serve had a high quality of spin; her ball placement was excellent. I had to play the first ball very strong and take risks to be able to compete with her.” Minnie Soo Wai Yam
It is for Chen Ke her second career Under 21 Women’s Singles final; last year she won in the Germany, when overcoming teammate Sun Mingyang to reserve the top step of the podium.

Both the final of the Under 21 Men’s Singles and Under 21 Women’s Singles event are scheduled for later in the day at 2.30pm (local time).

https://www.ittf.com/2018/01/17/ ... seyfried-next-fall/
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件
香港乒乓網
查詢電話:97020720
就是忘記背後,努力面前的,向著標竿直跑。腓三:14

發新話題