發新話題
打印

2015德國公開賽(最新港隊消息)

2015德國公開賽(最新港隊消息)

2015 ITTF German Open (Bremen, Germany)

香港加油!
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件

A Liking for Germany, Minnie Soo Wai Yam Causes Early Upset

Crucial to Hong Kong’s bronze medal success at the Wisdom 2014 World Junior Championships in Shanghai, where she beat both Nina Mittelham and Chantal Mantz in the quarter-final duel against Germany; on Wednesday 18th March, once again Minnie Soo Wai Yam took a liking to the European country.

She was the player to cause arguably the biggest upset as matters commenced in the qualification stage of the Women’s Singles event at the GAC Group 2014 ITTF World Tour German Open in Bremen on Wednesday 18th March.

Focused, remaining calm, she accounted for Poland’s Katarzyna Grzybowska in a close seven games duel (3-11, 11-7, 13-11, 1-11, 14-12, 7-11, 11-8).

One of Best Performances
Undoubtedly for the 16 year old, who on the ITTF Junior Circuit was the Girls’ Singles runner up in Cape Town in 2011 and two years later in Metz, it was one of the best performances of her career.

Currently Minnie Soo Wai Yam is listed at no.127 on the Women’s World Rankings, as opposed to Katarzyna Grzybowska who is at no.83. Furthermore, the 25 year old Polish
player has enjoyed notable successes.

At the recent GAC Group 2014 ITTF World Tour Grand Finals staged in Bangkok last December, she was the Women’s Doubles runner up in harness with Natalia Partyka.

Outstanding in Qatar
However, perhaps more notable and a measure of Minnie Soo Wai Yam’s performance on the opening morning in Bremen, was the efforts of Katarzyna Grzybowska at the GAC Group 2012 ITTF World Tour Qatar Open.

On that occasion she caused the biggest Women’s Singles first round upset by beating China’s Wen Jia before losing to the champion elect, the latter’s colleague Chen Meng.

One year earlier Wen Jia had won the Women’s Singles title at the Volkswagen China Open!

First Time
“I have never seen her play before, as I usually just play in junior events and not Open ones, so I had no idea what to expect", said Minnie Soo Wai Yam. "She has a much higher world ranking than me, so I went into the match with no pressure, as I did not expect to win."

A higher status, it meant a challenge; Minnie Soo Wai Yam responded.

"Her skills were better than mine, I started to get back into the match when I just kept the ball on the table and played safe", added Minnie Soo Wai Yam. "I let her make the mistakes and not me; I also started to put more spin on the ball and I was lucky as she did not return my serve very well."

Modest, you make your own luck.

"I am very happy, as this is one the biggest win of my career", concluded the delighted teenager."

何鈞傑大爆冷擊敗日本隊的Takakiwa Taku!!!

杜凱琹 擊敗 福原愛!

香港加油!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

黃鎮廷擊敗Robert Gardos!!

唐鵬飲恨。。。。

Wong Chun Ting vs Ma Long Round of 16

When?

www.ittf.com/iitv Table 2

支持 李皓晴�杜凱琹!!女雙半決賽

李皓晴�杜凱琹3-1,進入決賽!

好謝大家直時報告。。。。。。

支持港隊女雙奪冠))))