發新話題
打印

【English】Asia and Europe Share Honours in Cadet Events at Spanish Youth Open

【English】Asia and Europe Share Honours in Cadet Events at Spanish Youth Open

5/10/2009        Spanish Youth Open - ITTF Junior Circuit

Hong Kong Chiu Chung Hei and Germany Anna Krieghoff won the Cadet Boys? And Cadet Girls? Singles titles respectively, at the Spanish Youth Open in Platja dro on Sunday 10th May 2009.

Both aged 15,Chiu Chung Hei, seeded no.1, accounted for CroatiaLuka Fucec, seeded no.2, at the final hurdle; whilst Anna Krieghoff, seeded no.2, defeated Belgium Alison Georgis, the surprise package of the tournament, to clinch gold.

Chiu Chung Hei won in convincing style succeeding in three straight games 11-8, 11-3, 11-6; however, for Anna Krieghoff life was much more testing.

Recovery
Against Alison Georis, the 23rd highest world ranked player in action in the Cadet Girls? Singles event, she had to recover from a two games to one deficit to secure victory.

Krieghoff won 11-6, 10-12, 12-14, 11-4, 11-3.

Early Attacks Strong
"In order to win in the final I had to play strongly early in the rallies; Luca is a very good attacking player, so I had to make sure that I was the first to attack? said Chiu Chung Hei. lt's my first time in Catalonia, last year I went to France and Poland, tomorrow I'll go to French Junior Open.?
Victory for Chiu Chung Hei, whose Asian style of play dominated matters; in both the quarter and semi-finals he recorded straight games victories respectively over the German duo of Florian Wagner and Niklas Matthias.

Different Style
"In Europe, people play a more all round game? Explained Chiu Chung Hei. n Asia, people play over the table and they play stronger; those are the differences.
Semi-Final Reverses for Hong Kong
In the Cadet Boys? Singles event the Asian technique worked but it did in the Cadet Girls? Singles competition where rather surprisingly, both Hong Kong players were beaten.

Li Ching Wan, seeded no.2, suffered at the hands of Alison Georis; whilst Ng Ka Yee was beaten by Anna Krieghoff, the former in straight games, the latter in a duel that went the full five games distance.

European Honour
Alison Georis won 11-9, 1-11, 11-9, 11-9 whilst Anna Krieghoff succeeded 12-10, 10-12, 7-11, 11-7, 11-9.

European honour was to some extent restored.

Hong Kong Chiu Chung Hei and Germany Anna Krieghoff won the Cadet Boys?and Cadet Girls?Singles titles respectively, at the Spanish Youth Open in Platja d
香港乒乓網
查詢電話:97020720
就是忘記背後,努力面前的,向著標竿直跑。腓三:14

Sourcing : www.ittf.com
香港乒乓網

Mr Chiu woo.............

[ 本帖最後由 raymondsir 於 2009-5-11 20:58 編輯 ]

pls use english in these posts, tks!
香港乒乓網

Support!

a piece of cake for mr. chiu.....
思樂乒
eat to live, play & love
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
豈不知在場上賽跑的都跑,但得獎賞的只有一人?你們也當這樣跑,好叫你們得著獎賞。 凡較力爭勝的,諸事都有節制,他們不過是要得能壞的冠冕;我們卻是要得不能壞的冠冕。  所以,我奔跑不像無定向的;我鬥拳不像打空氣的。 (林前9:)

how busy?
Chiu chung hei has just finished heng seng all schools table
tennis championships on 3/5/2009
how come can he share the time to take the match
and win
salute

i know it is not related but having the same name with an elite player is not a good thing
why my name is that common

回復 7# 的帖子

I guess we can share our time through something like "time-sharing"... but when it comes to becoming a champion, one can always spare the time to taking matches and winning I presume...

add oil

發新話題
最近訪問的版塊